Mark Valente, D.O.
Dr. Mark Valente is one of the most trusted spine doctors in the nation. A specialist in minimally invasive procedures and the Founder and Medical Director of DISC Spine Institute, Dr. Valente is an expert in solving back issues and quickly returning patients to active, pain-free lives.
Dr. Valente is providing his patients with unparalleled care and treatment for all spinal conditions from back and neck pain to complex reconstructive spinal procedures. Dr. Valente has extensive specialized training in minimally invasive surgery of the spine. Well liked by his colleagues, peers and patients, Dr. Valente is often recognized for his ability to communicate with his patients and for his bedside manner. He believes in treating his patients with the attention and respect that every person deserves. Outside of medicine, Dr. Valente’s passion is for his family and world travel. He has journeyed to over 50 countries – including Guatemala, where he participated in a medical mission.
Dr. Valente Fast Facts:
- Nationwide, ranked number 3 among all orthopedic surgeons sitting for oral board examination
- Board Certified and Fellowship Trained orthopedic spine surgeon
- Has lectured and published extensively
- Participated in numerous research protocols
- Has been appointed to Clinical Instructor positions at both Michigan State University and the University of California
- Founder and Medical Director of DISC Spine Institute
To become expert in the most advanced techniques and procedures in the field, he trained extensively at leading edge institutions throughout the country:
- University of California, San Diego
- Cedars Sinai Hospital, Los Angeles
- Hospital for Special Surgery, New York
- Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia
- William Beaumont Hospital, Michigan
Dr. Valente believes in the body’s ability to heal. Every attempt is made to cure a patient’s back pain without surgery. Non-surgical treatments can include:
- Anti-inflammatory Medications
- Physical Therapy
- Aquatic Therapy
- Injection Therapy
- Chiropractic Care
But if symptoms continue after non-surgical treatments, Dr. Valente is a premiere spine surgeon who has helped countless patients achieve a healthy, happy, pain-free life.
Dr. Valente routinely performs all aspects of spinal surgery – cervical, thoracic and lumbar, including minimally invasive procedures for:
- Herniated Discs
- Compression Fractures
- Degenerative Disc Disease
- Complex Spinal Reconstruction
- Spinal Deformity Surgeries